Your Donations Help Pets in Need
Donate Online Today 💸
In a perfect world, every dog and cat would have a safe and loving home and would never be euthanized due to space limitations in shelters.
Instead, AAHS relies on your donations to rescue homeless pets from euthanasia, find them forever homes, and provide low-cost spay/neuter procedures for our community to help lower the area euthanasia rate. Save a life—donate today.
Donate by Check 🏦
Checks may be dropped off at:
Athens Area Humane Society
1781 Mars Hill Road
Watkinsville, GA 30677
Checks may be mailed to:
Athens Area Humane Society
PO Box 5008
Athens, GA 30604
If you are making a donation in memory of a pet or loved one, please include an address of whom should receive an acknowledgment of the donation.
AAHS is a 501(c)(3) organization and your gift to the animals is tax deductible. AAHS Tax ID Number: 58-1847318.
Other Ways to Give
We offer lots of different ways for you to support AAHS, from donating supplies to giving back while doing your regular shopping. Explore all of the ways to give below.
Leave a legacy by helping the causes you care about the most.
Gifts by will are one of our most important sources of support. Unrestricted gifts give us the greatest flexibility to use your gift where it is most needed to save and protect thousands of homeless pets each year.
You may leave the Athens Area Humane Society:
- A stated dollar amount
- A percentage of your residual estate (what remains after gifts to loved ones and expenses have been paid)
- A specific asset, such as securities or other marketable property
How to name the Athens Area Humane Society in your will:
- Legal name: Athens Area Humane Society of Clarke County and SPCA Inc.
- Address: 1030 Mitchell Bridge Road, Athens, Georgia 30606
- Federal tax ID#: 58-1847318
This sample language may be useful:
“I give and bequeath to Athens Area Humane Society and SPCA Inc, 1030 Mitchell Bridge Road, Athens, Georgia 30606 [the sum of __________ Dollars ($____)] [_______ % of the rest, residue and remainder of my estate], to be used for its general charitable purposes.”
Notifying AAHS of your gift:
We hope you’ll let us know when you have named AAHS in your will or trust so that we can thank you and include you in our Legacy Society. If you have questions, please contact Cheryl McCormick, Chief Executive Officer, at 706-452-1299 or [email protected]
Your gift of appreciated securities, including stocks or bonds, is a simple and effective way to save the lives of thousands of companion animals in need of a safe, loving forever home.
Giving to the Athens Area Humane Society in this way brings you several possible benefits. You can:
- Avoid paying capital gains tax
- Receive a charitable income tax deduction
- Further our mission in a real and direct way
How to Donate Stocks or Bonds
It’s easy to send your gift of stocks or bonds today via electronic transfer. To transfer shares held with your broker directly to the AAHS brokerage account, provide your broker/agent with the following information:
- Broker: The Webster Shore Group at Morgan Stanley Wealth Management
- Contact: Todd Emily, Senior Vice President
- Phone: 706-227-4001 or 706-255-7039
- Account Name: Athens Area Humane Society
- Account Number: ########
- DTC Number: ####
- EIN Number: 58-1847318
Upon receipt, your gift will be acknowledged for tax purposes. Please include your contact information.
Athens Area Humane Society partners with local and national companies and organizations that share our mission and values. These partnerships include various levels of marketing and advertising depending on individual agreements with AAHS. Please contact us to discuss your company partnering with AAHS.
Our wishlist is always changing, so be sure to check it out on Amazon and follow us on Facebook & Instagram for the most up-to-date information. Here’s a list of some of our most common needs:
- Bleach (unscented)
- Liquid dish soap
- Laundry detergent (unscented, powder is fine)
- Lint rollers
- Clorox or Lysol disinfecting wipes
- Small paper plates or hot dog trays
- Canned pate’ style food (large and small cans)
- Litter (unscented clumping)
- Dog and Cat toys (easy to sanitize in sink or washing machine)
- Paper towels
- Hand sanitizer
- Pet carriers (new or used)
- Dog Crates (new or used)
- Dog and Cat Treats
- Blankets, Beds, Towels
- Food & Water Bowls
- Cat and Dog Food (any brand for food bowl, Purina brand for AAHS animals)
- Leashes and collars of all sizes (especially small)
- Puppy and Kitten Milk Replacer
- Puppy Play Pens
AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know: it has the same products, same prices, same service, except they will donate 0.5% of your eligible purchases to a charitable organization of your choice. To select the Athens Area Humane Society as your charitable organization, follow these instructions:
- Visit smile.amazon.com
- Sign in to your Amazon account
- Select the Athens Area Humane Society of Clarke County and SPCA Inc
Once you’re there, you can shop as usual and purchase items directly from our Amazon wishlist!
You can earn money for AAHS whenever you shop at Kroger — at no additional cost to you! Here’s how:
- Visit krogercommunityrewards.com
- Register for a Kroger account (you need a valid email address)
- Join the rewards program with your Kroger Plus Card in just three easy steps
- Enter “Athens Area humane Society” under Organization Name
- Spend, swipe, and save…the animals! Don’t forget to renew your commitment every April 1.
You may donate to AAHS through your DAF. Simply click the button below to get started.