The Athens Area Humane Society is a donor supported no-kill 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to lowering area euthanasia rates through adoption, spay/neuter, and pet retention programs.
It is so important to focus on the rescue and care of animals who would otherwise be euthanized. We are a group of animal welfare activists who started Athens Area Humane Society nearly three decades ago. Our mission is to rescue, spay/neuter, and find homes for animals in Georgia and beyond.
The Athens Area Humane Society Needs Your Support because we...
- Rescue and care for more than 5,000 animals each year; many of these animals are at risk of being euthanized.
- Have been helping animals in our community for over 25 years.
- Are a private, nonprofit organization that does not receive funding from, and is not affiliated with, any national humane organizations, such as the ASPCA or the Humane Society of the United States.
- Spay and Neuter over 4,000 animals each year with a full time surgeon on staff.
- Do not receive government funding.
- Help communities deal with feral cats by offering a low cost feral package to keep the population under control.
- Depend on the generosity of individual and corporate supporters to fund our programs and services.
- Find responsible, loving homesfor approximately 1,000 animals each year.
- Provide low cost vaccinations to over 1,500 animals each year at our clinics.
- Educate the public concerning animal welfare and pet owner responsibility through school visits and social outreach.